
Because of the differences in the school grade cut-off dates in each state, I was in the wrong grade from 5th grade on. I was the very youngest person in my classes at school until graduation. I didn’t mind it too much, but it wasn’t super great either. I was the last one get my drivers license and I was over a year younger than a lot of my friends. Well, I've been thinking that it is finally going to pay off because this is the year that my friends from school are all turning 30, and I just turned 29. That’s right….I’ve got a whole nother year of being in my 20s.
But now the problem is that it’s starting to sound cool to be 30. You know, cause 30 is the new 20 and all that. Am I always going to feel behind (or will I finally be vindicated when I’m turning 49 and everyone else is 50?) That sounds better! Maybe someday it'll be good to feel young. Anyway….I am finally 29! Yea! Only one year to go!

Me with my favorite birthday treat....dipped apples from my new favorite place out here, Zwahlen's. My mom even put a candle in one of them for me to blow out!
12 comments:
Those apples look yummy. Congratulations on reminding us how old we really are. =) And yes I do agree that 30 is the new 20!! Glad to see you had a great birthday.
Happy Birthday, Devon! Your blog makes me feel old. I sure wish that 30 was the new 20, but I think it is just for those of us who have already turned 30.:) We're just lying to ourselves...bummer.:)
Thanks for the reminder on my ancientness. I think I would take another year in my 20s. Happy Birthday!!! You look great in all the pictures. I love the post about the Phillies. What a little diplomat.
Happy Birthday!!! I loved the story about Mckinley and the Phillies!
Happy Happy Birthday! I am still 29 too! I get to be in your club... for another 8 mo! Hope you had a good day!
Happy Birthday! All day on the 30th I kept thinking it was someone's birthday and I was missing it. Now I realize WHO's! Happy Birthday! I wish you were here so we could have a fun girls night out together to celebrate, but it looks like your family did a fantastic job of making the day special for you. Also, your post about the Phillies made me laugh so hard. Loved it!
You look so cute! I am kind of the same way you are. Because I got married so young, I have always wanted to be older than I am. I loved turning 30! I wish you could come to Utah for your 30th birthday so we could through you a huge party!
Sorry I'm late--but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. I hope it was a good one. 29 is WAY cooler than 30. Seriously. :)
Happy Birthday Baby! We miss you!
You look great too!
Happy Late B-day! I hope you had a great one. You're kids are so darn cute!! Loved their costumes!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I want to take a bite of those apples. . .they look delicious!
Post a Comment