October is over, and so are all the fun times we had with my parents while they were visiting. They left the morning after Halloween, and we had a fun-filled time with them while they were here! On Halloween, we took my dad down to Valley Forge for a picnic lunch, since he didn't get to go with us last time, and it was the most beautiful day! The weather warmed up just for Halloween, so it was blue skies and light jacket weather along with the beautiful fall colors. Then we raced back to see McKinley in her costume parade at school and get ready for trick-or-treating. Kennedy really got into it this year...she's pretty much game for anything involving candy. And McKinley LOVED getting her face painted to look just like Mulan (hmmm...don't look to close. It was my first face-painting experience, and I'm not sure how well it turned out)! So we had lots of fun, but we are now missing having company. It was fun to see Nana Betty and Papa Kirby since we've missed them so much! Anyone else want to visit Pennsylvania anytime soon? We'd love to see you!
My Dad with Maddox at Valley Forge
My mom reading the inscription on a statue of someone who isn't George Washington (I can't remember his name...apparently these educational experiences aren't sinking in like I'd hoped).
McKinley dressed up as "Mulan" on Halloween
Kennedy was our little Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader this year (luckily the Eagles fans out here looked past the star and gave her candy anyway...we were a tad worried for her saftey!) But we did find the one other Cowboys fan in the neighborhood, so Milt is not alone!
Maddox wearing Mommy's Pippi-tails with his BYU football jersey for a minute. We figured since he already has the football belly and the jersey, being a football player was a no-brainer costume for him
8 comments:
Cute kids! I don't think I've ever seen a kid dress up as Mulan---leave it to your daughter to be so cool! And the wig is AWeSOME! Kennedy looks so grown up. I think about her often as I am watching Emmi's wispy hair growing out and getting thicker and making her look older. Sigh. These little people change so fast!
Oh so very cute! You did a great job with Mckinley - wow! I was also glad to see so much blue!!! (I bleed blue!) I'm sad we couldn't see you in person!
Your parents are so great, but then again...so are you, go figure!
I'm jealous of your Halloween weather. We were not so lucky :( I totally LOVE McKinley's costume. That looks amazing. I love all that blue and white...GO COUGARS!
McKinleys costume and make up look awesome. I've been waiting to see her dressed up as Mulan. She told us last fall that she was going to dress up as Mulan this year! By the way, the Phillies story was awesome. It totally made me smile. McKinley is the coolest kid...we miss her.
Way cute Halloween pictures--esp. Maddox with the BYU jersey and the pigtails--with the way we've been playing lately I feel like half the team should be wearing pigtails!! SO what happened with Pennsylvania?? We needed you to win the election!!
Great costumes! We hope you had a great Halloween!
Way to represent the Cougars from way back East! Such cute costumes!
What a darling Mulan! I was thinking she was a geisha, but that's in the neighborhood, right? We miss you guys! Hope you're enjoying your new digs on the east coast.
http://sarahandtim.wordpress.com
Post a Comment