We went to Valley Forge last weekend while my mom is here, and it was the most beautiful place ever! The leaves are all such bright colors this time of year, and we took a ton of pictures (a good number of them of trees, rather than the children!) It kind of made up for not getting to drive up the canyon in Utah to look at the fall colors, which was an annual tradition. But they definitely have fall colors here, so we made the most of them!We got to eat lunch at the most beautiful spot right next to the Washington Memorial Chapel and we had so much fun playing in the leaves afterwards. It is so crazy to know that this is just down the road from us, so we'll have to go back and visit even more. We totally looked like tourists with how many pictures we were taking, even though we live right here. In fact there was so much to do that we could never have seen everything, so we just took it easy and saw what we could. We figure we can go back again whenever we want! Here are some of the (many) pictures:
Eating lunch outside the Washington Memorial Chapel
Another angle showing where we ate lunch. You can kind of see Milt sitting at our table down at the bottom of this picture (sorry, it's a little dark). But isnt it amazing? It was so quiet that we almost felt like the only people in the world.
Playing in the leaves after lunch

Here are some of the many deer that just wander around (they don't even run away from people...they just ignore everyone)
This is all of us overlooking what we assume is the "valley" part of Valley Forge
Some of the many pictures of trees I was busy taking...the colors were amazing! 
10 comments:
The trees are so tall! And right there in the city? That's great! It looks like a beautiful place! What made you guys move up there? Is it Milt's work? What is he doing now?
I would blow some of those up and hang them around the house. Those are gorgeous pictures!!
I guess you have your Christmas card now!!?? What an amazing place--I love how you had to guess at what was the "valley"--hard to have a valley without any mountains-huh???
WOW! WOW! WOWeeeEE! What a glorious place to be! You are certainly luckeee! I wish that could be ME! :) Nuff with the bad rhymes, but seriously, what a tremendous experience to be so close to so many amazing historical sites. That is my DREAM! Those pictures are fantastic! Thanks for putting lots on your blog---did you do the cool multi-shots layout on a scrapbook program, too? Looks sweeeeeet!
It is beautiful! I love it. The trees are my favorite. I don't take advantage of driving the canyon to see the pretty colors unless I have a reason to drive through. I need to be better! I hope you are enjoying having you mom there!
wow--those are flippin' gorgeous. I wish I was on the next flight out to PA so that we could hang out and drink Crystal Light together. That would make EVERYTHING better.
The pictures are so gorgeous. The trees, the trees. I know I'm obsessed by the trees! Your girls look like they are having a great time and are so happy! By they way, I loved your family picture/address card. That was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Your family is so darling. I hope Milt and Maddox don't mind being called darling!
So beautiful Devon! I love trees! How fun your mom came to visit.
Don't you love the fabulous beauty back East? And so many fun places to go! Your family is so darling! I love all the pictures. You look great!
Wow! How incredibly beautiful! I dare say that those pictures may put our Canyons to shame!
I love the pic of your girls in the leaves. That is amazing!
Post a Comment