Monday, October 27, 2008

McKinley's finally lost it...twice!

McKinley has been feeling like the LAST first grader ever to have not lost a tooth. But lo and behold, she lost her first tooth on Tuesday and then her second one on Thursday! She even let me pull both of them out, with no tears...a miracle! Of course, she had very specific ideas about the Tooth Fairy (where do kids get this stuff?) so we kind of followed her lead. In fact, she told us that her friend Emerson says that the Tooth Fairy is very good for the first few teeth, but once you get to number 7 or 8, it sometimes takes a couple days before she comes. I love it! Good to know that the Tooth Fairy has limitations too (and that children can be very understanding at times!) But we think it's darling to hear McKinley talk now with her little lisp, and she is so happy to have a holey smile!

Tooth #1

Tooth #2

11 comments:

Kim @ In Our Write Minds said...

I cannot believe how much McKinley looks like you, Devon. What is it with you girls (you, Karah, and Janel) and your mini-me's? LOL!

Karah said...

Awww, so cute!! Eli was one of the last ones to lose his teeth in 1st grade too - he lost his first in November and didn't lose another for 5-6 more months. LOL.

I'm cracking up about her ideas about the toothfairy. TOO funny! Our local toothfairy has forgotten to come on more than one occasion (talk about worst-mommy-ever moments)- and while they have been disappointed, they are very understanding. :)

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear that the tooth fairy occasionally forgets to visit other children - now maybe mine won't feel so bad. You should teach her "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" - she'd be perfect!

Forsyth Family said...

Our tooth fairy does not come on the Sabbath, and if you loose a tooth late at night she might not have time to get you on the schedule until the next day!! (She doesn't carry a lot of cash!!)Congratulations to McKinley!!!

Steph said...

On one of Austin's first teeth, my dad accidentally left him $20. There had to be a talk after that about how the tooth fairy must not have been able to see in the dark and you usually get $1. It was really funny.

Mindi B said...

I'm soooooo happy for Mckinley!!!! I know how much she wanted to lose a tooth and the fact that she lost two in a row is awesomee. I sure miss her. You'll have to tell her hi from Brianna and me. (I had to laugh about the Tooth fairy thing - Kelsea just lost her 9th tooth yesterday and this morning the tooth fairy hadn't shown up - oops!)

Robin said...

McKinley you are not alone. Jacob is still wondering when, if ever, he will loose a tooth. So I guess now he is alone. Maybe you could give him some advise.

Congrats!

How much does a tooth go for now?

Macy said...

Cute! Dallin is still waiting for his teeth to fall out! I guess I'll just have to ask him what he "thinks" will happen when the tooth fairy comes. I love reading your blog!! The Valley Forge pictures were beautiful!

Sherian said...

I just love toothless smiles! The tooth fairy ALWAYS take a couple nights to come. So far, they understand her busy schedule. I figure it teaches them patience!

Johnson said...

What a cute cute girl. You have the cutest family. Nothing like losing those teeth.

Ashley said...

Ok so I know your whole story now from the blog world. Don't you just love these things, but even better because since you live so close now we don't even have to comment over the internet. I get to talk to you in preson...Have a great Halloween!