
Yes, I am absolutely smaltzy, gooey, head-over-heels in love with this little guy (and yes, Milt knows, and comments about it often). And today, he turned 1! I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore...but actually he hasn't been the size of a baby for quite some time now, so it's not as hard as I thought it would be. But he is actually 1 now, and I REALLY wish I could find some way to keep him from getting any older. HE IS PERFECT! He is so handsome, and sweet, and he has the best personality (this is where Milt starts reminding me that Maddox looks just like HIM, and why am I not gooey over him anymore?) But Maddox is absolutely the best! I had no idea that having a baby boy would be like this! He just makes me so happy all the time, and I don't want him to ever be a tantrum throwing 2-year-old, because he is just too sweet now!
We had a fun little family birthday party with presents and cake, and surprise, surprise, guess what was Maddox's favorite part? THE CAKE! Now, when McKinley turned 1, it took her almost 45 minutes to finish her ONE piece of cake, and she daintily ate it with like one finger (which prompted her Uncle Roger to "help" her by smearing it around her face, which we luckily caught on video). When Kennedy turned 1 and had her first piece of cake, she was so tired she just ate a little bit and wouldn't even finish it because she wanted to go to sleep (boy have times changed for her!) But Maddox, oh no dainty eating here. He was MADE to eat cake. In fact, he had not one, but TWO pieces of cake, and probably could have downed the entire pan in about 5 minutes had we given him the chance. I swear, it's going to take everything we have to keep him from entering Competitive Eating Competitions! He'll probably be a natural!
Maddox LOVED his cake...see video below!

Maddox and his girls getting ready to open presents

Some things about Maddox: His favorite room in the house is definitely the pantry, and I find him in there ALL the time! He is always knocking everything off the shelves in there, and he has TWICE gotten into the Crystal Light packages enough to actually eat the powder! The boy has major skills! And let's face it...the chub legs are somehow the cutest things ever on a baby!
Maddox in his "happy place" -- the pantry!

Here is Maddox after the eating the Crystal Light...what a cute sour face!

Maddox ALWAYS has a sock off, and usually it is in his mouth (just hanging there). In fact, if he does not have a sock in his mouth, he probably has something else in there, like a toy or a Barbie shoe, or a pretzel!

He is forever being attacked with "dress-up" stuff by his sisters. Poor kid. We always take pictures too, but so far, he just loves the attention!

His favorite person in the world is his Mommy (although he does like his dad quite a bit too)! He just lights up whenever he sees me, and it melts my heart! I'm such a sap for this boy!

Here's a fun video of Maddox eating his first piece of Chocolate cake ever...enjoy!
13 comments:
Oh, he is so adorable. Those pictures of him kill me. He is such a handsome little guy. I can't believe he's one already! And I totally share your sentiments on baby boys. They are too much fun and I'm totally in love with mine too. And I remember when we were worried... ha. ha. I'm glad he had a happy birthday and LOVED that cake!
1 is such a fun age. no tantrums yet and they are just so darn sweet. so glad you are loving your little one. he is darling. looks like things are going well for you guys in your new place.
happy day maddox boy!
I'll be honest, if I could eat chocolate cake like that I would. Too bad you have to restrain your self when your an adult. He was so cute, the peace of cake we gone in a few quick bites. Thanks for the video it made it so much more fun!
Awwww, happy birthday to your little man! He's WAY too cute. I loved your blog post - I can SO totally relate. :) He looks SO happy!
He's 1 already?!!!! Where did that year go?! I can't believe it! I love all his darling pictures - there is just something about little boys that melts a mommy! I can't explain it, but you know what I'm talking about. I'm glad you guys had a fun day! What a cutie!!! (And, I must say, if someone would let me eat my cake like that, I would definitely do it!)
Seriously...how could you not be in love with him?! I dare say your post has made me more baby hungry that I have been in the past three years. Maybe it's the boy...I will admit my jealousy. I'm with the rest on the whole cake thing, but I have to sadly say...it's not "if I could"...Oh! I have eaten cake like that! I'm just real good at hiding the evidence. (and cleaning my own face)
Oh, my word! He IS a mini Milt!! Devon, he is adorable! My favorite picture was the one of him eating the cake. Has a kid ever looked happier?!!?
Crystal light packets and chocolate cake face-stuffing! Love it! Happy Birthday to you very well dressed little buddy! (His portrait is awesome!)
I schmooze on my Emmi like you schmooze on your Maddox. She's into EVERYTHING all the time, but I adore her! We call her our W.H.A.M. kid---Wonderful Hard and Magical. Maybe it's that "last child"ness about them that makes everything they do so marvelous.
Boy, you better start saving your money so you can feed him when he's a teenager!! I swear, Alex whould drink a whole gallon of milk a day--if I let him!! What a cute and fun family you have--glad to see you guys are so happy!! Happy Birthday Maddox!
Holy Moly! Where did the time go? I swear he was just born. Happy Birthday, Maddox!
The real question is where is his mommy while he is in his "happy place"? I know...sometimes it is just easier to let them destroy so you can get something done. I love all the pics, especially the angel wings. He better get used to that. Are you sure you're done? You could have another boy!
What a cutie!! And you are such a cute mom! Hope we get to see you soon !
I've tried to explain it to people a thousand times, but they just don't get it until it happens to them. There is NOTHING in this world like having a baby boy who loves his Mommy! I feel the same way about my boys. If you figure out a way to keep him little, let me know because I want to freeze Landon just the way he is right now. Those pictures are darling and I loved the video! I miss you!
Post a Comment