Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The 'ol Thanksgiving Program


Milt and I got to go and see McKinley and all of the 1st graders at her school in their Thanksgiving program yesterday, and it was so cute! Seriously, it's the kind of thing that should be cheesy, but as a parent, it was the cutest thing ever! They did the "ABC's of Thanksgiving," of which McKinley ws the "H" and memorized her part very well. Then they sang a bunch of songs, most of which were very funny and included a Thanksgiving rap-song, which was all about getting stuffed eating, watching football, and being with lots of cousins you don't see very often...it was quite good! And we even remembered the video camera, so we felt like the "good" parents! We usually forget it, and then wonder why we even have it!

After the program, McKinley got to show us where she eats lunch everyday and we got to sit at the short little tables to eat our refreshments. Then we got to visit the library and see her classroom and everything. It was very fun! McKinley is such a great girl, and we loved getting to spend time with her and see all of the fun places she loves at school! I totally remember doing things like this in when I was little, and it was so much fun to see how much McKinley enjoys school. She is seriously one smart cookie!

McKinley with her "H" sign
A close-up of McKinley (sorry it's kinda fuzzy)
McKinley with her friends Bella and Aamnah after the play
Me and McKinley sitting at her lunch table

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

The old days of us being in elementary school. . . so long ago! I have gone private so please email me with your email address Devon so I can invite you to mine! My email address is rawlyn1@juno.com. Thanks!!

Jen said...

While I really enjoyed this post...your kids are adorable and I miss all of them (and you of course) terribly...it isn't the one I was hoping to see when I checked your blog!! :)

Mindi B said...

So cute! School programs are so darling and I love picking out my children! Mckinley is a doll.

Karen said...

I love reading your blog, it makes me excited for all the things I have to look forward to. I hope I can be as good as a mom as you are.

Deanna said...

A turkey rap? Why didn't I have teachers like that when I was little?
xoxoxo

Macy said...

So cute!! Isn't it crazy that our babies are growing up!

Annie said...

Mckinley is such a little mini-YOU! What a cutie.

Dottie Stay said...

Oh, Dev, that is so sweet. I want to hear the songs and espcially the rap. She is so grown up. I need to hang out with her so she can instill in me the confidence I am lacking. Am I cool enough to be her friend?

Andrea said...

How fun! I'm a little jealous you actually got to see your daughter's program. Parents were banned from the program the first graders put on here. I'm still just a little bitter. Can you tell? It was fun to see the class shot and all the diversity that you just don't get here.

Robin said...

Very cute! She is getting so big and independent! How fun to see the other side of the school productions. I am glad she loves school!

Forsyth Family said...

There is nothing like a school program to make it feel like the holidays!!! Mary and Zach had their Utah program. There was square dancing, and of course they had to be each others partner!! It's much easier to hold hands with your brother than another boy!!!

Tran said...

So glad she is doing so well in her school and new environment. You should put the video of her performance on your blog so we can all see it. I would love to see it. Can't wait to see you guys when you are out here.