Thursday, March 12, 2009

Growing up...and out!

We are happy to announce that Kennedy officially weighs more than Maddox again! Yea! She gained about 5 much needed pounds, and she now weighs 32 lbs, while Maddox is still at 30 lbs. Every time anyone picks up Kennedy they say, "she feels so light!" and with Maddox they ALWAYS say, "I can't believe how HEAVY he is!" So we're glad Kennedy is actually growing now, and we're ready for Maddox to thin out ANY DAY NOW! Kennedy has been so skinny and little for the last year that having her get bigger around was great (and her pants/skirts are starting to stay up on their own!)



She has also been playing more with Maddox (and even wants to share her princess dresses with him occasionally!) She must feel so old now that she is potty-trained because she sometimes refers to him as the "baby" and she laughs and informs us whenever he walks or tries to say anything...such a big sister thing. She also decided to feed him the other day with her spoon, and he really enjoyed it. He just loves having her awknowlege his existence finally (she pretended he didn't exist for his first year of life for the most part).

Last weekend we decided that Kennedy's hair was just too long and straggely because she pulls out any kind of ponytails or hair stuff I put in it, so we decided to just chop it off short. We ended up cutting off about 4 inches, and it turned out really cute on her, but she looks so much older! Then of course McKinley wanted her hair cut just the same, so I cut hers too....which seriously stresses me out! Cutting hair is NOT my idea of a fun past time. I feel like a complete amateur because I've never been taught what to do, and while I've been cutting Milt's hair for almost 10 years now, I still stress out every time that I'm going to make it look horrible! I think all mothers should have training courses on some of these motherhood things that you don't realize will be coming, like "Hair cutting 101" or "Science Projects for the Clueless." And Home Ec classes in high school just don't cut it because usually when you're only 16 you don’t think you’ll ever actually be old enough to need the stuff they're trying to teach you! But anyway...here are pictures of the fun haircuts! The girls love them, and there is now much less screaming involved when I brush their hair after they get syrup in it! YEA -- success!





Two Happy Girls

13 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your haircutting skills! Way to go! They look beautiful (as does Maddox in the princess outfit)!

jennie said...

I wish I could cut my girls' hair that well! When I've tried it turns out butchered. Good job! Your kids are SO cute!!!

Kimberly said...

Maddox looks great in purple. Save that picture for sure. . .he will love/hate it when he is a teenager!!

Your girls hair is so cute!! I also cut my daughter Whitney's hair short like theirs about 3 months ago and I love it. But I LOVE short hair. . . .that is why mine will never be long ever again!

Nancy Martin said...

Their hair is so cute! You did an awesome job! I would never dare cut my girl's hair, except for bangs.

Karen said...

I agree with everyone should learn to cut hair. I still haven't dared to cut Nate's. I am very very impressed by your skills! :) Your girls look darling!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

short hair on girl children really is a formula for happiness -- it has been for aubrey and me! i take her to a haircutting place, though. how DO you get such lovely finished looking haircuts on your people? perfectly stacked and curled under is out of my realm. . . i love mckinley's modeling poses, too! ha! love that kid.

Deanna said...

L-O-V-E the hair!
xoxoxo

Kimberly Wright said...

So adorable!! I like Maddox's dress...super cute! Your kids are getting too big.

Jen (momofmandm) said...

They are so cute. I am super impressed by your cutting, and you didn't even have to suffer through a year training like I did. They are growing up so fast. I wish my daughter would let me blow dry her hair, especially after she cut her own. Darling kids!

Nana Betty said...

Oh, my... Shades of you and poor Trevor. But it's so nice to see Kennedy getting a kick out of being the "big sister." I'm so grateful for this blog. Thank you darling Devon daughter.
Mom

Rachel said...

I am amazed at the haircuts. Do you have any idea what my kid's hair would look like if I tried to cut it? Well, come on over and look at Addy's scrap book sometime. Troy refers to her as Lloyd Christmas. I think you are awesome!

Robin said...

You rock! How did you ever get those haircuts to look so good? I am with you on the stress of cutting hair. I hate the works "Honey, we need to cut my hair tonight." And I hear them every other week! I don't think I would ever attempt Emma's. How you do it I will never know. I love all of your posts! You sure have been busy! And the kids are cuter than ever!

Annie said...

Amateur?! Whatever...you totally did an A-line haircut! Can I bring my girls to you, too?