Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The First of Many Dress-Up "Incidents"

Poor Maddox. The other night McKinley was so excited about something and she kept telling me and Milt to come into the room because she wanted to show us something she had "done" to Maddox. Low and behold, Maddox was happily dressed up in a Princess hat. McKinley was very pleased with herself, and Kennedy thought it was pretty funny too! But seriously, poor little guy. How many times in the next few years do you think this is going to happen to him? I guess that is his lot in life with two big sisters. And of course we had to take pictures. That's our job as parents, right? To let him know all the things he needs to get even with his sisters for when he gets bigger than them!

8 comments:

Forsyth Family said...

I have two siblings--one younger sister and the youngest is a brother--I remember well the pictures we took of him screaming--all dressed up in a white, frilly dress!!! He's turned out O.K.--so don't worry--just let the girls have fun!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Of course you need to take pictures, and that is what he gets with two older sisters. I got tortured having too older brothers, so it really goes both ways. As long as he is happy, and Mckinley is "babysitting" you enjoy the free time. Now if Milt started to dress up with the girls, then I would worry. If he ever does however, be sure to take pictures too! :)

Karah said...

TOO cute! And I totally had an Adrienne flashback looking at Maddox's face there. Woah.

There's a little boy in our mommy & me group who ALWAYS goes into the dress up room and finds princess shoes and parades around the building in them. He has 2 older sisters and his mom says he does it all the time at home. It's especially hilarious when he does it while carrying a dinosaur and a dump truck.

Sherian said...

Oh I love that! I used to paint my nephew's fingernails when he came over, just to make my bro-in-law mad! I'm sure that having two loving older sisters will make him a better husband and father :) and I do believe that the tables will be turned someday. That's payback!

jb said...

So Dave was born in between sisters. When he was around eight they wanted to dress him up. He negotiated, and in the end wound up ten cents richer. Now, he told me, it would cost 100 for him to dress up in one of my dresses (and ride a bike around the neighborhood). I'm sorely tempted.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Now that's a cute batch of kids right there! We have a great shot of kyle as an 18 month old (i think) in a feather boa, pink high heels, some sparkly fabric and a few necklaces. Aubrey was very helpful like that . . . It's funny now since he's such a macho little dude.

Karen said...

so fun, for some reason I heard your cute mom's voice in this post. It made me smile. That wasn't so bad... I guess they'll ease into the whole outfit. Definitely take pictures. There good for lots of reasons down the road, proof you can get back at your sisters, his sisters can blackmail him, wedding videos...

Tran said...

Jeff said that Shannon and Sheri did that to him too when he was young. I think it's the big sister thing to do and it's cute... Maddox looks great with the hat.. hehehe