Now, I promised that I would be a better blogger once we moved so that everyone (especially Nana Betty and Papa Kirby) could see what we are up to. And we have finally got our own high-speed internet, so now I can actually do it regularly! So, I promise to be a better blogger (and if I’m not, I will go back and erase this part.)
This last weekend, we decided to be social and attend our Township Community Day. We got to hear a great Beatles cover band and then watch fireworks...which all the kids loved! We were very proud to not be one of the families with the screaming kids (for once) when the fireworks started going off.
We had a great time and even Maddox seemed mesmerized by the lights (see pictures). It was nice to take a break from painting and cleaning and to show McKinley that Pennsylvania can be just as fun as Utah (she says she did a lot more "fun" things in Utah than in PA....um, maybe because she had 5 years in Utah and only 3 weeks in PA, most of those spent unpacking)! I would really love it if she didn't have the memory of an elephant. She forgets nothing (every sentance starts, "remember that time in Utah..."?) What a funny girl!
Me and Kennedy watching the Beatles cover band...they looked just like the Beatles!
11 comments:
Dev- I love to hear about your new place. I have never been to PA. I know nothing about it! So, it's fun to see it through your eyes. No bajio? Maybe your mom will send you some of their tortilla's and you can make your own burrito's at home!
I seriously did not even recognize Kennedy in that picture. WOW! Her curly hair plus she looks a bajillion times older than the kid I remember sittin' in the stroller as you walked McKinley to the bus stop . . . sorry, I just don't allow kids to grow up. I love reading your back-east blog, Devon. Good luck with all your nanny buddies :) and no-options with tortilla shells (GOSH!)
That looks so fun! Your kids are going to love PA! I'm jealous you have kids that will sit and enjoy fireworks, I've always had at least one scare-d-cat.
We NEVER could have done that with Amber! I have never had a child so afraid of noise!!! She covers her ears even when the toilet flushes . . .hmmmm. Your kids look older, especially Kennedy - oh my!
Glad to hear you guys are getting settled enough to have some fun!! I am even more glad to hear your committment to being a better blogger--it is so sad when none of your "blogging friends" have new posts!! When are we gonna see some pictures of the rooms you painted??
Dev,
I just love how positive you are! I can't image how hard it would be to move so far. The girls will have to take a trip and visit you out there. I love the nanny story. What a different life style. I don't believe you didn't get stopped here in UT because they are that stink'n cute.
Yeah!!! Pennsylvania seems to always have fun things going on. My sister is always telling me things they go to in the community!! Your family is so cute and I love seeing all the pictures!! Glad you had fun!!
I love all the updates!! It makes me miss you so much. Not that I like that, but it is so good to hear all the fun things that are going on. You guys look so happy. I am so impressed with all that you have done over the past little while. You truly are amazing. SO, will you be back at all for any holidays? I hope! People should stop you and tell you your kids are adorable, because they are!!!
I have loved getting updated on your move to PA. What city are you guys in? It sounds like you've moved to a great community and someone has likeable as you will have no problem making lots of new friends. Best of luck with the adjustment of living so far from family, I know it takes time.
How fun. It looks like you're settling in well, though it will take some time. Miss you!
Devon, your children are beautiful! Welcome to the east. How is it so far?
Post a Comment