McKinley started school here last week, and of course she loves it and has been right at home since day 1. But I was looking at the pictures of her first day of kindergarten last year, and I can't believe how much older she seems now! What happened to my little girl? She now uses the words 'awesome' and 'sweet' about every other minute and she thinks she knows more than me (although, let's be honest...she's always thought she knows more than me.) But she is adjusting extremely well, which makes feel so much better about the move. This last Saturday we went to Lowe's down the street from our new house and we saw a little girl from McKinley's class at school, and when the two girls saw each other, they ran up and gave each other the biggest hug. It was hilarious. I mean seriously, they had only known each other for 4 days, and they acted like long lost sisters. And we met the little girl’s parents, who were great, and McKinley got to go and spend the day with them and have pizza at their house, so she was in heaven (and they have WAY cooler toys than us, because other people’s toys are always cooler than your own). So she is very happy here, which makes me happy too. She does occasionally color pictures and write letters to old friends in Utah (that I will someday send out if I ever finish unpacking), so it’s good that she remembers “home” too. If only it were quite as easy for adults to make friends!
McKinley's first day of 1st Grade, she doesn't look a bit nervous, does she? (Just look at her face...I wonder where she learned to be such a smart aleck...)

FLASHBACK: First Day of Kindergarten...wasn't she the cutest (and so little)?

11 comments:
It's the hair cut!! They always look so grown up when you cut their hair! It is so great to hear that she is doing well--now how about mom? Is she making any friends!!!
I am glad that she is doing so well! We already miss you out here! Hows Milt liking the job? How are your neighbors? Good luck with all the changes!
What a social butterfly! She'll be the cute 'new girl' in school.
Volleyball stared and I miss you already. I don't know what I'll do for basketball? Could you just fly back on Thursday nights? It's just Thursday's, I'm not asking for a whole week!
What an ordeal you guys had with the move and all. I never thought anyone can go through so much just moving but now I know someone who has. Just glad you guys are starting to get settled and boy, McKinley.. Well ever since I joined the family, I have always known her to be the social butterfly. It's amazing how it never takes kids that long to make friends compared to adults.
Whenever Grace sees any of her friends, they always are very dramatic and hugging, etc. It's hilarious...girls! Glad she's adjusting well...how about you?
Dev, she is so precious, and one of a kind!
OH, I miss seeing cute McKinley and her bright smile. I am so happy to hear she is doing so well and enjoying her new school. Tell her we all say Hi!
I'm so glad she is adjusting to life. I would be a wreck. She is so cute. I'm glad she's making friends already. I'm sure you'll be hosting parties at your beautiful place soon! We miss you here though!
I am cracking up at the big hug between the girls. That is "awesome" and "sweet"! :)
I wish I was on a flight out to see you Dev. What a time we would have!
Yes, Devon---you were one of the people I thought of as I wrote my hairdo blog. And here is McKinley looking totally darling to prove that point! Thanks for inspiring me to TRY! :) And I'm with Jaime---short hair has made Aubrey and McKinley look much older. What up with THAT??
I remember that Kindergarten picture! She really HAS grown up! You can tell she is a very confident, well-adjusted kid. Way to go!
Post a Comment