A couple weeks ago on one of Milt's Summer Friday's off of work, we went out to Island Beach State Park in Jersey for a fun family day in the sun! The kids had a great time playing in the sand and waves, and of course Maddox basically loved breathing and eating the sand all day. Dirt and Maddox are best friends, and "sand dirt" is no exception! I remembered too well how much I didn't like the sand from last year (I find it everywhere for weeks!!!), but I knew it would be worth it for the kids to have such a good time (so I get points for going, right?)!
Kennedy did much better with the sand and the waves than last year (where she hated both of them). To her, sand is still dirt, but she did like seashell hunting. And boy was her personality out in force every time we'd get the camera out. This girl has quite the abundance of attitude!
McKinley LOVED the waves, and spent every second she could in the water. She would live at the beach if she could!
Sand castles and shell gathering were a big hit for everyone, and the kids even built a big mountain and put the Y on it (and by kids, I mean mostly Milt, obviously).
Maddox's favorite part of the day other than sand seemed to be chasing and hunting down seagulls every time they came near. The picture on the left below shows his face after he chased a bunch of them off...he was so proud of himself!
The only thing that Maddox DIDN'T like was when we tried to get him to take a small nap on the beach because he was so tired, but there was just too many fun things to be doing rather than sleep! He is such a cute boy though, so I couldn't help but keep snapping pictures of him while he was lying there giving me his little charming smile...usually he's running around too much to ever get a decent picture!
Happy End of Summer!


5 comments:
Love how those personalities shine through in these pictures! So lucky to be enjoying life back east for a while. Glad you put up with the sand for a day (or week- as you put it!)
Wasn't it just LAST year when that sweet McKinley was dressed as a scarecrow toddling around our parent's neighborhood halloween party?
That last picture is darling of Maddox. What a cute boy. Love the Superman shirt too--so fitting! :)
Oh. I'm missing the beach already. Okay I'm missing everything but the sand (everywhere). Next year we'll have to try the baby powder method.
You have a super cute fam Devon! And you capture their sweet personalities so well in your pics. I think that you definitely get brownie points for making such wonderful memories.
those girls suits are too adorable
xoxoxo
Post a Comment