Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not-so-extreme Room Makeover

BEFORE

I don't know how extreme it is when you really just have a blank slate to start from, but here are the before and after pictures of Kennedy's room. We were kind of doing "design on a dime" and trying to do what we could without having to buy anything new, and we didn't really do too much painting to the room because we wanted a brick red, and a little red goes a long way...

AFTER



So Milt added beadboard to the top of the far wall and then painted the rest of the wall a nice brick red to go with all of Kennedy's Raggedy Anns and old-fashioned toys. It's pretty country, but I love it for a little girl! And when we have company, we just pull her bed into McKinley's room and it's ready to go!

Panoramic view from door


Panoramic View from Closet

Sorry the panoramic pictures are a little blurry, but I've never really done them before and was really just playing around. At least you can get an idea of more than one wall at a time though!

Some close-up shots, where you can sort-of see some of the beadboard

And here are the pictures of Kennedy seeing her room for the first time! She was very excited, and kept checking to see if the red wall was wet! She loves HER room. We are now doing McKinley's, and it is VERY pink! We'll take pictures when we're finished...

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm impressed! It's so cute!

Nana Betty said...

Hurray! It's beautiful! I'm so glad to see Raggedy Ann and Andy back... And the red wall and beadboard. It's so cute! Tell Kennedy I can't wait to be her roommate again. Great job guys!
Love,
Nana B

Deanna said...

love the red! and stars! and squares!
Can I get a room in there?
xoxoxo

Thom said...

Way to go! I always love seeing the "after" pictures.

K-Krew said...

Oops. Forgot to sign T out. That comment was from me although he agrees with me completely :)

Chell said...

Oh wow that is just adorable!!

Karin said...

So impressive, Devon! I need to hire you to come help with my girls' room we're working on this week...

Nancy Martin said...

I just love red in a room! I painted our family room a deep red in our last home. You guys did such a great job. Good luck with McKinley's room. I'm excited to see how adorable it will turn out.

Robin said...

WOW! How perfect! It is exactly the type of work I would expect from you guys. I only wish I could have been there to help paint:) It looks really, really, nice. I can't wait to visit and see it in person.

Tran said...

Oh I love it and wish it were my room. You guys are soooooo talented.

Ashley said...

Hey, will you tell me if you can use some vinyl lettering? We're finally getting our catalog ready, and I need more wall lettering pics. So, think of something for each of your kids' rooms!!! :)

The Rawlings said...

I absolutely love her room!!! You are going to have to teach me all of your tricks. You guys are so talented! Way to go!!