Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This won't even last a year...

Okay, so we are brand snobs...only we are generic store brand snobs. One of the trickiest things we've found about living back East is that we can't find some of our favorite grocery items (and there are way too many to list here). So when Milt went out of town the last two times he brought us back some of our favorites from out of state grocery stores! Unfortunately, even our children think we're a little crazy when we line our food up for pictures, but we were very excited! So here is Milt's loot.

He first went to SuperTarget down in Jacksonville, Florida and totally stocked up on 51 cans of our favorite flavors of Target Brand Crystal Light (Cranberry Pomegranate, Cherry Limeade, and grape) since we don't have SuperTargets here (just Target). Then he realized that there was a Kroger (like Smith's) grocery store when he was in Detroit, so he loaded up with 18 bottles of the BEST Salsa ever when he was on that trip. It's a black bean corn salsa (medium) and it is so good! We literally had about 15 bottles when we moved back here in August and brought back another 9 when we came back from our trip at Christmas, and we were just about out already! And before everyone thinks we eat chips and Salsa with every meal, we actually put this salsa in just about every recipe for Mexican food we make....and we make a lot of Mexican food (probably Freudian from my Cafe Rio withdrawls).

And hey - if anyone decides to come and visit us out East and happen to be bringing a cooler along, we REALLY miss Costco's uncooked flour tortillas. You western people don't know how good you have it with your ginormous Costcos and Mexican restaurants. Although if you like pizza or cheese steaks, we might have you beat out here!

8 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

: ) GREAT POST!!

Karah said...

HAHAHA that is TOO funny!!!

Chell said...

Oh that is classic!! It is always a shame when you can't get your favorites..

Rachel said...

So funny! I'm just getting caught up on blogs. I love the video of Kennedy reading her book. SOOOO Cute !

Natalie and Shane said...

I know how much you love Cafe Rio. Here is a website that has a few recipes from Cafe Rio. I don't know if you have them yet, but I willing to take my chances.

http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/11/jared-and-i-love-cafe-rio.html

Robin said...

I remember you telling me about that salsa and we have Krogers here! I am so going to look for it! I will tell you if I find it! As you know those are our favorite target crystal light flavors too. FYI-Nato actually found a cherry limeade at Walmart that was REALLY close.
Man we miss you guys!

Kelsea said...

That is way too funny, however, I am the same way!!! I am a Kroger brand snob of a lot of things - it would be really weird to not be able to just go out and buy them. (By the way, you kids look so darling in all the Easter photos - I love it!!!)

RaeLynn said...

Ok, I love that you guys do that. Awesome...and yes--Target Brand "Crystal Light" is the best!