
Well, I've officially put off this blog long enough. Milt just got a promotion with Johnson & Johnson and we will be relocating (aka: moving our family and everything we own) to an office in Pennsylvania (all the way across the country) in the next month or so. It is "good" news in that Milt won't have to travel anymore and can be home every night (which will be so nice at bedtime!). It is not such good news because I have to leave here! I didn't realize what a Utah girl I'd become until I have to leave! I love still seeing friends I know from Elementary school through High school for play dates, or dessert nights, or even just running into people every time I go to the Orem Target (which is why I always have to do my hair and make-up before running errands....). And I LOVE our neighborhood and our friends at church. We seriously could not have found better neighbors anywhere! So it is killing me to leave, and I'm trying to stay in denial, but it's getting harder and harder every day to forget that we're leaving! Anyway, it is going to be fine (I just keep repeating that to myself), and I am going to miss everyone so much! But at least we'll be back to visit as often as we can! Anyone have any advice about moving back east? I'll take any help I can get!
11 comments:
Have I mentioned I think that this is lame. If not...this is lame!!!
Congratulations to Milt, but sad for everyone else! I have no advice since we only moved to Idaho, but I will say good luck & keep in touch! We've been out of touch for so long and I totally didn't realize how much I've missed contact! Anyways, keep us posted on how things go - I'm sure you'll be fine! By the way - what part of Pennsylvania?
Awww, big hugs! No experiences to share with you from here, but I'm in a similar boat right now as we're considering relocation to Seattle this year and it's SO HARD to think about moving away from here and all I've ever known. When is the big move planned?
We are moving to a suburb of Philadelphia, and we are trying to get there by around the first week of September so McKinley won't miss much school...which is too soon!
Oh no! I was just thinking how fun it would be to get together with the old DB girls.
But how exciting. I'm sure you will love it once you get settled.
Good luck with the move and all.
Aww. . . Devon! Congratulations on the promotion, but I'm going to miss you so much! You are right- you'll be fine, you'll make wonderful new friends in Pennsylvania. Everyone loves you! Good luck with the move. I can't wait to see what beautiful new home you find back east!
Congrats on the promotion and the move! I've heard PA is beautiful. When I was younger I used to tell my mom that is where I was going to move to.
It is far away, but the extra time with your hubby will be great! Plus, you are fabulous and it won't take long before you have a houseful of friends coming over for playdates!
How the heck did I not know you have a blog? I agree with Val--we could have a killer get together...a "bad hair day" contest, an awards ceremony where Val and I do a skit, we could sit in the break room and talk about boys...
(I still remember your huge long story about that ONE guy)...
Ha!! (In reference to the comment you just left on my blog)...do you realize how often I think about that conversation about being the fat mom with a mini van?? ALL THE TIME. I have used that joke so many times--and I owe it all to you. By the way, you look A-mazing. 3 kids nothing--You are one little hottie!
Devon! My heart goes out to you!! I know how hard it is to leave family and friends. But you will do great. You will find the experience totally worth all the sacrifice. It really is a small world with blogging and the internet. So you won't feel so far away. And if we are ever back East, we will totally visit! I'm still counting on the "We're turning 30, let's go on a trip" plan.
Is it okay that I am utterly furious that you are moving? I'm sure I'll calm down, but honestly, one of the things I was looking forward to about moving back to UT was getting to hang out with you again! I am honestly close to tears!
On the other hand, I think this adventure will be so awesome for you guys! So I am a little excited for you. When are you leaving? Will you e-mail me your phone number?
Post a Comment