Monday, July 21, 2008

Maddox's First Haircut

So, apparantly you have to cut a little boy's hair sooner than you do little girls (I think Kennedy has had one MINOR trim in her life). But Maddox was sporting a very long, straight-up mohawk for awhile, so we decided that it was time for a trim. Above are the before pictures (my favorite part is the cafe-rio bag cover...Milt was inspired). And below are the actual cut and the after picture. It actually turned out pretty cute. Who would've thunk that Maddox could look even more like Milt when they had the same haircut...hmmmm...........

The girls were so excited to watch the haircut process....and we're hoping Kennedy doesn't realize the connection between cutting hair and HER hair. (And yes, the girls do dress matching for everyday fun...thank you McKinley.) The "after" picture (and all three kids are smiling!) It's a miracle!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Maddox looks so cute with his new haircut, and so grown up! I love the Cafe Rio bag cover. That cracks me up!

Layne & Kellie said...

He is so cute. Love the haircut. He seemed to do so good. It always seems like a process for us. Boys you have to SO often! ;)

Sherian said...

It's crazy how fast he is growing! What a milestone! I love the pic of all your kids, what a lucky Mom you are!

Rachel said...

Isn't amazing how a haircut can make your baby look older? He is so cute! Love the pictures!

Mindi B said...

So cute Devon! Your kids are absolutely darling and we are going to miss you too much when you go! You better be really good and keeping up your blog, so that we can still stay in touch well. I think it is so neat that everyone seems to feel a great loss by you guys moving - it goes to show what kind of friend you are and what kind of character you guys have!!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

So cute! What a big boy he was for that haircut.

Unknown said...

Great haircuts straight across the board. I was noticing your oldest's darling bob in Sacrament mtg Sunday :)

http://sarahandtim.wordpress.com

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Cute. Cute. Cute. I really need to trim Easton's hair--it is long and wild. Thanks for the inspiration.

Johnson said...

Um, sorry but I want him. I seriously think you have the cutest kids!! Nothing like the first haircut.

Bec

Annie said...

Can I just say that your little McKinley is the most photgenic kid I have ever seen?! Seriously. I think she looks just like you...darling!

Jen Tornow said...

Devon, you have such adorable kids! I love that last picture with them all together!!