Saturday, May 24, 2008

USVI St. Thomas Trip Pictures


Well, I must say that going to St. Thomas was the greatest vacation ever (except perhaps for the Maui trip we went on with Milt's work a couple years ago...). I mean seriously, having other people plan and pay for your vacation, and all you have to do is check a box for what leisure activities you want to do (of which, I went to the Spa twice and Milt golfed) - that is a vacation! We just had to show up for group dinners and for a great day of snorkeling, kayaking, boating, and visiting other Islands with Milt's fellow award winners and their significant others. It was heaven on earth. But, like most vacations, 5 days was not enough! So I am home and feel like it was all a dream, but at least we have pictures! One of the coolest parts of the trip is that they hire photographers to take your pictures everywhere you go and then they give you copies. Although I must say, it is a little unnerving at first having strangers taking your picture in a swimsuit (those photos are NOT included here), but we got to know the photographers really well, and it makes it so fun to see the funny things they take pictures of! So, I've posted a bunch of pictures here, and there are even more on Facebook if you want to see more pics of us drinking our non-alcoholic smoothies in every photo (okay, so I've decided that having an open bar is like smoothie heaven, and I have a ton of pictures to prove it!)


This is all of us LDS people enjoying our "non-alcoholic" rum punch at the bar...it was really good punch!


Milt and I with our friends the Gagons

Me by the beach in front of the hotel where we kayaked and played in the water
Me with some friends dancing at the beach party we had....thank you fellow MVHS stag-dancers for all the dance moves. Everyone thought I was hilarious (although I'm not sure that's what I was going for)
Milt and the main boss leading everyone in "YMCA" (Milt is the only sober person in this picture)

Milt standing in front of HIS pool at the Ritz-Carlton


Milt and I at Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke (the best BBQ EVER!)



Milt lounging on the beach at Jost Van Dyke



Swimming at the most beautiful beach ever (I have no idea where it is...the boat just dropped us off for awhile)



Milt and I at the awards banquet dinner


Milt and I with some friends of ours....we wanted to pose just like it was a prom picture.



Milt at the pool (he was literally laying here up until 5 minutes before we had to leave for the airport).

A picture of the beach party the night before we came home...it was so beautiful at dusk!

10 comments:

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

I'm so jealous. It looks beautiful and prefect. You look great in all the pictures. Next time bring me. Wink wink

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. I'm also glad you were able to put some of the old dance moves into practice- and that they were so popular!

Sherian said...

Oh my Goodness!!...that looks SO amazing! How ever have you managed coming back to this yucky weather? You and your hubby are so cute, I love all your pics.
Your comment was too nice. (and so not true) I had your other blog, and one day I lost you, so I'm so glad you commented. I miss seeing you at b-ball, and I miss the fun exersice. Talk to you soon!

Jen said...

I am pretty sure we can no longer be BFF's. My jealousy will totally just get in the way. Okay, maybe you having to use a public bathroom barefoot does make me feel a bit better but not much.
The pictures are fantastic and I am glad you had such a great time...sorry you had to come back to diaper and laundry land.

Dottie Stay said...

St Thomas is heaven! If I could move and live there I would! You look fanfreakin'tastic! How is that for a word? What a party, and it makes me want to party with you. You are always the life of the party, and with a few smoothies in you, I can only imagine the endless fun!

Johnson said...

Oh my gosh! What a blast. It goes by too fast doesn't it? I love the MVHS dance moves because I too used those on my cruise and sadly they got it on video and played it on the video for the whole ship to see. I was like in every shot. My friends were laughing at me and I had gone to high school paradise while I remembered the old times. Too Funny!

You are gorgeous as ever! I love ya to death!!!

Karin said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous pictures- you look great! What a trip, I'm sure. How great. Congrats to Milt for earning such a trip for you!:)

Layne & Kellie said...

Yes, I am super jealous. What a great time!! And to dance again... I loved stag dances! ;) You look gorgeous! I'm glad you had a fabulous time.

When are you coming up to Thayne??

Tran said...

That really sounds like a dream vacation and I completely agree, that 5 days is not enough. At least you got the 5 days while some of us were here in Utah. hehehe. Glad you both had a blast and love the pics. Are there any openings where Milt works so I can apply to work there. :P

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, St Thomas looks like the best place to be! Those white sandy beaches and aquamarine oceans... Love it! Thanks for sharing.