If you can't read it, it says, "Determination will get you through this." I laughed my head off...McKinley still doesn't know what was so funny about my fortune, but I think I should seriously vinyl letter this to my forehead! A better fortune was never given to any mother! And sorry the picture is hard to read. Kennedy finally got a hold of McKinley's drink and spilled it all over the table (shocker)...which included getting my fortune all wet and smudged.Friday, June 13, 2008
Determination
So, eating dinner alone with my children (without Milt...the disciplinarian) is utter chaos. The other night I was eating dinner with the kids (the lovely dinner in the picture was made by my friend Sara who is in a dinner group that we are a part of), and all three kids seemed to need something every second. Maddox was sitting in his high chair crying because he thinks he needs to eat every time we are in or near the kitchen. Kennedy kept on throwing broccoli at me and/or the floor and saying that she needed a cookie and "no dank-ooo" to the broccoli and she wanted a big cup like McKinley gets (she is not a fan of sippy cups anymore). McKinley kept on getting upset that she had to eat her broccoli, but Kennedy was throwing hers around and not eating it, and by the way, had she eaten enough to have her fortune cookie yet (after every bite..."how many more bites do I have to eat, Mom?") I kept trying to ignore them all, but they get very loud....and animated. So I finally just told them to eat their fortune cookies, and I opened mine (in between fighting over whose cookie was whose, and Maddox now wailing extremely loud) and this is what it said:
If you can't read it, it says, "Determination will get you through this." I laughed my head off...McKinley still doesn't know what was so funny about my fortune, but I think I should seriously vinyl letter this to my forehead! A better fortune was never given to any mother! And sorry the picture is hard to read. Kennedy finally got a hold of McKinley's drink and spilled it all over the table (shocker)...which included getting my fortune all wet and smudged.
If you can't read it, it says, "Determination will get you through this." I laughed my head off...McKinley still doesn't know what was so funny about my fortune, but I think I should seriously vinyl letter this to my forehead! A better fortune was never given to any mother! And sorry the picture is hard to read. Kennedy finally got a hold of McKinley's drink and spilled it all over the table (shocker)...which included getting my fortune all wet and smudged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ahhh dinner time... with kids. Isn't it great! (or maybe not) Owen has learned to spit with his drink and do bubbles... which drives me crazy. He loves to play with his food to. I think meals time are stressful... doing them alone, even more so. Glad you survived. Loved your fortune too!!!
That is the best story! We need to put that on a vinyl sign for our walls. Hang it under your family picture in place of the "Families Can Be Together Forever!" I feel your pain. It does get easier though- promise!
OH my gosh that is hilarious!!!! Kids+food=disaster, every time. LOL.
Oh, Devon, that is classic! And I am glad I am not the only one with dinner time chaos. Also-- loved the pics of the trip. I am SO jealous!
How perfect is that! Hang in there girlfriend...you are awesome! (and you are not alone!)
You just have the best times with the kids.. How funny. I am not too excited to experience this so maybe I should just stick with having one kid huh... What a classic tale for you to share. I love it....
Oh, I am not looking forward to three. Dinnertime is hard enough. Why is eating such a chore. Hello, if someone sa me down made me a plate of food, and said eat, I would be in heaven! I wouldn't care what was on my plate!
That is too funny!
Oh that is too funny. Too bad you didn't it open sooner. That is the best fortune for sure. Dinner is a lovely experience and so hard to get through.
Post a Comment