Monday, October 29, 2007

New York City




Milt and I are back from New York, and we had so much fun! One week was the perfect amount of time, and although we missed the kids, we had a lot of fun with just each other! I don't know if I'd choose to go when I'm 34 weeks pregnant again (we walked around A LOT), but it was great exercise! And I can proudly say that I think I threw up more cheesecake in one week that I normally let myself eat in a year (my stomach had some bad moments). But everywhere had signs saying "New York's best cheesecake," so we felt it our duty to do our own research study. And we had a chance to do a session at the temple, which was really cool to do in the middle of such a bustling city. It sure kept our feet grounded! Anyway, here are some of our pictures!

We stayed in Times Square for the last 3 days of the trip, and it was so nice and close to everything (and perfect to stop back at the hotel for afternoon rest times for me!) Here is Milt during one of our MANY shopping excursions in Times Square! (Notice the enormous Disney Bag....we are SUCH parents!)


And yes, here I am at our favorite store, the World of Disney. Three whole stories of Christmas ideas for the kids (and us, I'm afraid). It was HUGE, and it has all of the stuff you can usually only get in the parks, so we got some great stuff!


Here is Milt in the lobby of Gershwin Theater after we saw Wicked. It was SOOO good! I already knew I'd like it from listening to the CD, but the plot was so great! We had so much fun, and I even beat about 40 women to the bathroom at intermission, which I was very proud of! I may waddle, but I'm still pretty fast!



For some reason, this is the only picture we got taken together, but at least we got one! We are on the top of Rockefeller Plaza tower with the Empire State Building behind us, and it was amazing! We were so glad we decided to pay to do this, because we really felt like we could see everything - it was totally worth the money!


And here I am again on the top of Rockefeller Center tower, and you can see some of the views a little bit better in this shot.




And here is the only (very far away) picture of my FAVORITE place in NYC, Central Park. I loved it! The first 2 days we stayed at the Essex House right across the street from the Park while Milt had work meetings, so I spent HOURS in the park (too many of them jogging, which may be why my back hurt the rest of the trip), but it was so much fun! I loved everything about it, and it is so huge! I was glad I had a lot of time to spend there, because it took a lot longer than I thought to see everything!



Here is Milt outside the Ed Sullivan theater. We really wanted to see a David Letterman show, but they weren't taping at all this week, so we made do with pictures out front. But we did go to the Hello Deli around the corner, and there was Rupert Jee, right behind the counter (we were very excited)! And the food was EXCELLENT (I admit, we weren't going just for the food). We didn't ask to get a picture with him, because we saw some other ladies ask for pictures, and Rupert just looked so uncomfortable, so we decided we'd leave him alone. But he is truly the nicest guy!


And of course, I HAD to see the library! Milt thought it was hilarious that this is the place I most wanted to go, but it was so beautiful! If I lived in New York, they would seriously have to kick me out of this place every night when they closed! It was so great!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great time. I haven't been to NYC for about 9 years, but I do love it. Wouldn't want to live there, but I like to visit. You look great for 34 weeks! Happy Birthday too!

Rachel said...

Good for you two. You needed that time before Mr. Linn comes along. I'm glad you had a great time.

Layne & Kellie said...

Wow, I'm jealous. I have never been to NY. So glad you had a lot of fun. It seems you hit up all of the hot spots. It was fun to all of your pics from the different places. A nice get-a-way for the two of you!

Jen Tornow said...

Okay, you have just given me the courage to take a few trips before this baby comes. You are AMAZING! (Although, I sure as heck won't be running through Central Park---where do you get that energy?) Anyway, funny story: When Derrick and I got engaged, he took me to New York and we got totally backwards, not knowing which way was north, south, east or west. So we thought we were heading to Central Park, and we stop at this corner and I look up at this building and say "Woa, that is a TALL building!" It was the empire state building.

Jen said...

Oh, Devon! SO much fun. I am jealous. And I am sorry for the call in the middle of your fun. Whoops. You do look FANTASTIC!

Annie said...

Um, Devon, did anyone ever ask you WHY you are running at 34 weeks pregnant?!!! And I didn't know you were allowed to fly past 30 weeks. Okay, now my mother-ing is over. I'm so glad you had a blast. It looked like so much fun. Trevor and I really want to do that, too. Wasn't Wicked just amazing? I really want to take my girls to see it next time.
Please lay down and rest before that baby comes! :)

Dottie Stay said...

I am so impressed with you! You look wonderful! What a fun trip!! That was so neat that you guys got some time together before the baby. I can't wait to see the little guy!

Devon said...

Okay, so I have to admit, I hadn't "run" since I was about 24 weeks (I've just been walking), but seeing all the other people jogging made me so jealous! I was walking along and I thought, I'm in Central Park -- dang it, I am going to go for a run! And it honestly felt so good (at the time -- I could hardly walk later that night!)

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I'm jealous. I was in New York about two years ago for work and fell in love with it. I want to go back. Good luck with the baby.

Megan said...

NYC is the best! I am so excited you went! SOOO impressed that you are jogging and just about to deliver! You look so beautiful pregnant! I'm so happy you and MIlt finally saw Wicked after memorizing all the music- and in NY for that matter. Congrats on getting tickets!