Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School


Well, today was McKinley's first day of kindergarten, and I survived! McKinley was so excited for school that she woke us all up at 6:45 this morning to remind us that today was the big day! She had so much fun, and after school she asked me, "how many more days do I get to go to school?" Boy, is she in for a rude awakening when she realizes she will be going to school FOREVER (at least that is how it feels)! But it went well, and luckily, no tears were shed by any of us, so I guess that is a success! And yes, I was one of the geeky moms who went with her to class to take pictures (she IS my first, after all!)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. Kindergarten is so fun. I was dying to get that sweater shirt-dress for Meg, but they sold out soooo fast!

Jen Tornow said...

I'm so glad she likes school! What a great way to start out! Good for you, Devon, for surviving!

Dottie Stay said...

I am proud of you that no tears were shed. I hated dropping ethan off for his first day of preschool. I can only imagine how hard kindergarten would be. Mckinley is so adorable!

PJC said...

Oh my gosh, she is DARLING!!! And yes, she will be going to school FOREVER. And when it's not her, it will be her husband, and then her children and then probably her again. etc, etc.

Megan said...

What a BIG day! I am glad that I have one more year to prep! It took the camera and took pictures of Lincoln too- you are not the only geeky mom!

Rachel said...

She is so cute! Our babies are growing up and we are growing old! It's fun and sad at the same time!

Jen said...

So cute! It must feel so good to have them grow up a little and be a little more independent... and a little scary, too! The boy in the front with the orange stripes love you being there! (Hee. Hee.) McKinley is beautiful. You must be so proud!

Karin said...

Awwww- I LOVE it!!! I'm impressed you held up okay! I'm already nervous about next year! I remember the first day of school with so many parents in our classroom getting pictures and having a hard time leaving... We couldn't get class started, and the KIDS were fine!:) McKinley is adorable!

Annie said...

Look how cute she is! I remember that was exactly how Grace felt about school for a long time. Then she started to miss being at home a little bit. And the questions would be more like, "how many more days of school are there?"

Michelle Y said...

So exciting, McKinley is a darling girl. I love the shot of the girls with their dad, so cute. Its hard to believe how quick our kids are growing up...

Layne & Kellie said...

Mckinley is SO cute. It looks like she is so excited to go. I hope she is enjoying it. Sorry this is a month too late. I love her school outfit. I wished I had cute clothes like that when I went to Kindergarten!