Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Batting Stance


I thought having Milt coach McKinley's sports teams was a brilliant idea, mainly because of the fact that I wouldn't have to drive her to all the practices and games if he had to be there anyway.  Little did I realize that with Milt coaching, McKinley (and her entire softball team), would have the Linn batting stance (thanks Big Daddy!)  Their teammates really were far and above the best hitters and Milt was as proud as can be of this beautiful stance:



Plus, it's just funny to hear all the girls say "Coach Milt" in their little high-pitched girly voices.  I don't know exactly what I expected they would all call him, but it still sounded funny when I kept hearing it over and over so many times from little girls all over the place! 



As far as taking Kennedy and Maddox to watch the games?  They are pretty funny cheerleaders.  It basically just kills Maddox to watch a game and not get to play himself, so he holds his baseball glove in his hand the whole time like he expects to get called into the game at any moment.  And Kennedy is just such a girly girl.  She brought her purse to one of the games and seriously pulled about a thousand things out of it while we were watching. I can't remember all that she had, but I do remember that she brought three kinds of lipgloss, multiple snacks for her AND Maddox (since if she hadn't brought Maddox some he would just eat all of hers), a little mirror, a necklace & bracelet, and even a mini Barbie Doll (I guess I don't have to remember things to entertain them anymore since Kennedy's got it covered). Everytime she got out something else I would think that it must be the LAST thing, and of course...there was always more, just like Mary Poppins!


We also brought our good friend Shirley with us to one of the games and it was a lot of fun (especially since she helped make sure the little ones were being watched).  Shirley LOVES baseball (especially the Phillies!), so it was fun to have her cheer McKinley's team on with us.



The month of June sure was busy this year.  Once the softball season ended, we had the last few weeks of school before it ended for the year (finally!) and then we celebrated Father's Day! The kids love Father's Day --especially planning the whole day out and getting excited for it ahead of time.  Kennedy was DETERMINED to help make Milt these yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and was very glad to "help" him eat them.


They also loved getting Milt's presents.  They each got him something that they picked out especially from THEMSELVES:  McKinley got Milt a BYU shirt & weeding clippers (she's his BYU lovin' weeding buddy), Kennedy got Milt two Zwahlen's Caramel/Chocolate apples (her favorite thing ever!), and Maddox got Milt some iWipes to wipe all of his fingerprints off Milt's iPhone (and by his fingerprints, I mean Maddox's, of course from playing with the lightsaber app).  But the highlight of most of the presents was the Star Wars gift wrap.  Obviously.



Not to be outdone, I decided in a similar vein to get Milt something personally from me.  Now whenever Milt is searching for his sandals, they are usually on my feet because even though his sandals are 3-4 inches too big for me, they're just so easy to get on and off so I slip them on when I run out in the yard or the basement.  So for Father's Day I got Milt a pair of girl slider sporty sandals in MY SIZE -- brilliant!  Now I don't have to steal his anymore.  He was quite surprised to unwrap them and see the note that said if they didn't fit him that he could just give them to me....I'm just so thoughtful.  But along with these shoes (for me) also came an IOU for new sandals for him too since his are starting to fall apart (after all, since it was Father's Day it seemed fitting after all to actually get him something for himself).
Me modeling "Milt's" new sandals


And to finish the wonderful day, Milt got to crash on the couch for a relaxing nap, until Maddox decided to join in.  This is a common occurrence around our house!



Happy Father's Day to all our great Dads & Grandpas out there!  We love and appreciate you all so much, and hope your Father's Day was wonderful!

No comments: