Well, we don't carve pumpkins in our family yet (I'm just not that nice), but we DO at least go and visit a local pumpkin patch and farm to welcome in the fall season! The kids love doing this every year, and seeing the animals and tractors and stuff is always a hit. This year Milt and I felt really cool when we told the kids that they could each pick out a mini pumpkin, and then we had to raid the car to find change to pay for them (they didn't take cards). So yea, we were THOSE people paying for our pumpkins with all of our change, and borrowing the coins McKinley had in her wallet too. We are AWESOME parents!
But the kids were very happy with their pumpkins, and maybe we'll even let them color faces on them. And then we'll work our way up to carving pumpkins next year. Maybe.
Happy Fall!

6 comments:
I am totally cracking up at the scrounging for change!! At least they had fun...
i love those pig tails
xoxoxo
Love the fall photos! Hope you had a fabulous birthday weekend, too!!!
Do they still have that big old giant sized pig?
Brandon turned around to look at Ryan today and said, "Ya know, I think Ryan is really starting to look like Maddox." I thought that would make you smile. :)
We went to a local farm grower and let the kids pick out pumpkins only to find out I had NO cash on me. NOTHING to even scrounge up. We got home and the kids asked where their pumpkins were. I felt like such a terrible mom. At least you still pulled through! Oh, the memories!
Post a Comment