Halloween was so fun this year, especially since it was the first time Milt and I dressed up with the kids. The kids LOVED Milt's Obi-Wan costume and they all told me that I made "the perfect witch." I'm still trying to decide if that's a compliment or not. Here were some of our favorite moments from this Halloween:
When Maddox first tried on his Darth Vader costume (with the mask), he actually got scared of himself. It was hilarious! Basically he decided he wasn't going to wear the mask anymore after that, which actually was fine since then we could see his cute face. But he LOVED his costume and wanted to wear it every hour of everyday, so we had to resort to hiding it from him most of the week.
Kennedy got to choose her costume, and when she chose to be Super Girl we were very surprised, since every other day of the year she dresses up like a princess. I guess she wanted a little change, and we loved it! Her two favorite things in the world are dressing up and candy, so I'm pretty sure Halloween is her favorite holiday ever.
McKinley is just getting so big, but she loved dressing up as Hermione from Harry Potter. She had just read the first book the week before, so she spent most of Halloween week watching the first Harry Potter movie for the first time in increments of about 20 minutes a night (it was school nights, and we are just that mean, I guess! ;) McKinley was also a very good big sister on Halloween, and was nice enough to help Maddox Trick or Treating because he'd get scared once he got to the doorways. Of course, the candy totally made it worth the effort though!
We hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween!

6 comments:
The kids look great. I am cracking up that Maddox was afraid of himself... Well if you had dressed up as a good which I would say yes you make the perfect witch, a bad witch... not so much!
Scared of himself! That is the funniest thing I've heard all day!
I was secretly hoping Milt would get you the Princess Leia(sp?) costume for your birthday. I hope you had a great day by the way.
The costumes are so great! I think you ought to use the family picture as your Christmas card. You guys look so cute and happy!
Matson is wearing some of Maddox's hand me downs now so I think of you guys all the time. If you decide you really do need another little Maddox running around (and a baby brother for McKinley), I'll gladly ship them on over. :) Miss you guys!
I went to a haunted house and was scared like 4 times while just standing in line. ha ha
Great costumes!
xoxoxo
Jacob was wondering just last week if he was old enough for Harry Potter. He asked if McKinley had read it and I confidently told him "No." I will have to make amends I guess. I can't believe they are getting so big! I am glad your Halloween was great. Oh, Benjamin wanted to be Darth Vadar too, but we convinced him to be the Darth Vadar right before the lava pits. So in a way he was Anakin, but he is determined to be the Darth Vadar AFTER the lava pits next year. I am not sure how to make that costume. I guess next year I will have to break down and buy!
You all look incredible by the way.
Post a Comment