Since we've lived here in PA, we've really loved going down to Washington D.C. for little mini-trips of going to the temple and then visiting memorials and museums. We started out going on day trips, but we soon discovered that the kids didn't enjoy being in the car for 2.5 hours there and back in one day, which made Milt and I REALLY not enjoy them not enjoying it. These wonderful car trips made us quickly decide to start going and having little 2-3 day mini-vacations and getting a hotel room each time we go. And I can't believe how much the kids love hotels. I had forgotten the excitement of hotel pools, elevators, and breakfast buffets from my childhood. Of course, Milt and I have discovered that we are definitely a 'two-room' family now, since our children do not let us sleep if we are in the same room as they are!Our last little trip was a couple of weekends ago, and we were lucky enough to have my dad come up from Southern Maryland to see us, which made it doubly great that Milt and I got to go to the temple together while my dad watched the little ones at the hotel (normally we have to go separately so we can watch the kids.) The highlights were pretty much the pool, and the fact that we stopped at Barnes and Noble and let the kids each pick out a book to BUY!
This trip we stayed for Sunday too, so we got to go to church in D.C. and then go down to the Museum of Natural History for a picnic lunch before heading back. We told the kids they each got to pick something from this trip to be their favorite thing for the day, and we'd take a picture of them with it, so here they are:
My favorite thing is still the elephant (it's just so cool and huge!)
But I also loved seeing the girls being such good friends all day!
Milt's favorite thing was Maddox freaking out and roaring at all the dinosaurs
McKinley's favorite thing (from this visit) was this picture of panda bears. As you can tell, Kennedy did not want her picture taken


Maddox's favorite thing was, once again, the dinosaurs
Milt's favorite thing was Maddox freaking out and roaring at all the dinosaurs
McKinley's favorite thing (from this visit) was this picture of panda bears. As you can tell, Kennedy did not want her picture taken
So I kept taking her picture, because she was so cute pouting

And Kennedy's favorite thing was THIS bench, because she became Sleeping Beauty. We're so glad she's so easy to please!
3 comments:
Loved the picture of Maddox freaking out and reaching for the dinosaurs. We have almost the exact same pic of Carter from the dino museum a couple of weeks ago. :) And just a random thought...I was reading some baby name lists online and Maddox was in the top ten for new/trendy boy names...looks like you've started a trend. :) I had never heard of it besides for your Maddox.
I fun trip and the temple together!!!!! You just can't beat that!
Our kids love the hotels almost more than the trips too. And I love that last pic of Kennedy as Sleeping Beauty. No wonder Lucy loves playing with her :)
Post a Comment