Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kissy Talk



The following actually happened today at our house.

I got home from church and Milt was trying to give me a kiss hello (okay, maybe two), but McKinley kept interrupting us, so we told her that if she had to talk while we're kissing, she could at least sing a romantic Disney song to set the mood for us. Milt suggested "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" and McKinley actually obliged us by singing for a moment (which was hilarious in and of itself). But when Milt started to kiss me again (PG kisses, if you must know since she was watching so intently), McKinley interrupted again and we had the following conversation:

McKinley: Mommy, what do lips feel like? Are they slimy?"
My reply: "Well, you can find out when you're 20."
McKinley: "20? Why do I have to wait until I'm 20?"
Me: "Because it's the law. If you kiss someone before then, they put you in jail."
McKinley: "Really? That's funny, SINCE YOU GOT MARRIED WHEN YOU WERE NINETEEN!"
[Long silent pause, during which Milt snort-laughts.]
Me: (finally) "Dang it. When did you get so smart?"


Seriously? She's only 7, and supposedly the attitude doesn't start for a couple more years at least! I am in so much trouble!

8 comments:

Em said...

Oh she's a smart one! You're in trouble! (And I'm snort laughing too)

K-Krew said...

HA! Love it!

The Linn Clan said...

That is so funny! I miss you guys!

Deanna said...

uh-oh
xoxoxo

val said...

too funny and great to have this little convo documented!

Miss Crys said...

I will always remember that story--too cute!

Brandon and Lacey said...

Hilarious... don't tell her how old I was either. ;o)

Chell said...

Yep you are in trouble with that smarty pants on your hands