We also had a major milestones this trip: McKinley is now 48" tall! That's tall enough to go on EVERY RIDE, and she really did! Here is a picture of her in front of the height sign for the Rockin' Roller Coaster and in front of the ride with me afterwards (it is the best ride EVER!) She also loved Expedition Everest (in picture with Dad) and she learned to like Tower of Terror. The first time she went on it, she was NOT happy about the going "down" part, but she didn't mind the "up" parts, so she agreed to try it again and went on it a few days later and loved it! Kennedy was just tall enough to ride the little kid roller coaster "Goofy's Barnstormer," and she LOVED it! We knew she would because of her thrill seeking-ways, but it was such fun to see her on it! We wish we had gotten a picture of her in line for the Haunted Mansion though...that was when she started clinging on to us and saying, "spoooook-y" over and over. It was fun finally seeing her scared of something for once! She is still talking about the "spooky witch!"

Kennedy's favorite thing: MEETING CHARACTERS! Whenever people say that they want to wait until their kids are older to go to Disney, I think they're crazy! The little ones feel the magic so much more! Kennedy was entranced by meeting her favorite characters...totally worth the trip just to see the look on her face meeting Mulan! And Mary Poppins even commented that Kennedy was "quite enamored" of her. That's one way to put it. She could not stop staring at whoever we were meeting in complete awe. It really shows the "magic" of Disney!

Here are some of the pictures of all 7 of the kids we had with us! Anytime two of the adults would be on a ride (with the oldest 2-3 kids), the other two would stay behind with the 4-5 little ones. Then, the other two adults would baby-swap with the first two and take the oldest kids on the ride again, so McKinley, Jacob, and sometimes Emma got to ride every ride TWICE in a row! What a great trip! They're not going to know what hit them when we go again when they're old enough and THEY have to watch the little kids for us while all of us adults go on rides together! While we were there, we even got to go to the Orlando temple and take pictures after church, and we got some fun pictures of all of the "walking" kids lined up. The oldest three became especially close (besides two of them being betrothed since birth), so saying goodbye was especially hard!

The kids all got along incredibly well. And Milt and I got used to being asked, "are all these kids yours?" when Nato and Robin were on a ride and we were watching the little kids. But we survived! Here are some pictures of the craziness of having such little kids go without naptime for a week! They just got used to falling asleep wherever we were, and our arms got so tired (see Milt in the pictures...he looked SO funny carrying a sleeping Kennedy AND Maddox!) And I think we only got all four of the little kids to sleep at the same time ONCE, so Robin and I took a picture...we were so proud of ourselves!

Going to WDW at Christmas time was PERFECT! The lines weren't bad and the weather was great! Plus it was so beautiful all decorated up for the holidays. The castle was amazing, and at Hollywood Studios they had a Spectacle of Lights show that was indescribable at night. I've included a clip at the bottom of how they synch the music up with the lights...it really was one of the coolest things we saw there. I had no idea that there could be that many lights in one area...it was really incredible!
The only hard part of the trip was saying goodbye to the Taylors. It is so hard every time we have to leave them at the end of our trips. We love them like family, and we wish we got to see them more (although meeting up at Disney every few years isn't a bad place to get together)! We can't wait until next time!
11 comments:
How fun, Devon! I enjoyed the whole post! Now I want to go to WDW!!
Man we miss you! You did a great job catching everything important in one post you rock! Lets do it again SOON!
Holy amazing Christmas lights. I love the tall enough to ride thumbs up photo the most!
xoxoxo
Wow! how fun!!! you guys are amazingly brave to go with all the kids.
What a great post! Your kids all look SO stinkin' happy! what fun family memories. You have such good pictures, they really capture the magic. Have a great Holiday Season!
JEALOUSY on my part! That looks like you had SUCH a great time! The castle looks awesome! When I worked there, it was during Christmas, and that was such a great time to be there! It is magical all of the time, but Christmas just makes it even more magical. I am so glad that your daughter learned to love the Tower of Terror...that is my all time favorite and I can go on it all day.:) How fun!
What a fun vacation! And how much more fun to be with great friends! (Thanks for your sweet comments on my last blog entry - I really do always try to read people and make sure that I don't take their time - I'm glad you could tell.)
It looks like you guys had a blast!!!! Nathan and Robin surely know everything Disney. They had us running for 5 days straight, but I was grateful for the opportunity to see them and to visit WDW. I sooooooooooo want to visit Disneyland or WDW at Christmas time. Loved all the pictures too!!!!
Looks like so much fun! All your pictures are so great. I've never seen Mulan or Mary Poppins out greeting people. So fun. I guess I'll have to go back...
How fun. What cute kids you have. Looks like you all had a great time.
Disneyland and Christmas together is there anything better?!?! So adorable.....love seeing your super cute kids!!!
Post a Comment