Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spooky Times

Halloween is such a busy time of year at our house.  Having two October birthdays, plus Halloween parties and Milt traveling this year...it was just craaazy!  But fun as always! 



First of all, choosing costumes is such a big, important decision for kids.  I think we hear about it ALL year long! This year McKinley had an extremely hard time deciding what to be, (including changing her mind back and forth multiple times between costumes) but she finally settled on being a pirate, and was very happy with her choice.


Kennedy is an ANGEL? Most ironic costume ever (it made me laugh every time I thought about the horns she had to hide to get that halo on!) Thanks to my friend Kristin for lending us the costume. What a beautiful dress!


And my favorite part of Halloween was the fact that Maddox just wanted to wear his Darth Vader costume again! Every time we'd ask him what he wanted to be (showing him pictures online), he would pick out the Darth Vader one from the pictures! We were totally good with saving some money and re-using the costume...until the girls tried on their new costumes and he realized he was missing out on getting something new! So Milt and Maddox found a great Captain America costume at the Disney store, and Maddox decided that Captain America is pretty cool too (even though he couldn't quite pronounce it properly!)



Here are some pictures from our church Halloween Trunk or Treat  (where the kids got WAY too much candy!)  I got to be a witch once again....but of course I am always a good witch! ;) It makes the kids so excited when I get THE HAT out!  And Milt was actually at the BYU-Texas Tech game in Dallas on the night of our church  party (when I dressed up).  So we gave him a pass this year on a costume.  Although he did have some great "Jimmer" themed ideas....maybe next year. But the highlight of the night was Maddox/Captain America running around with a lightsaber.  I guess we should have stuck with a Star Wars costume!


And last but not least, here is the proof (I mean the pictures) that we got to go to THREE different Halloween Parades at the schools. Here are a few pictures of the kids at the parades, plus a picture of me with Kennedy after we saw McKinley parade on by.  Fun times!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Such cute costumes on adorable kids!

Deanna said...

fantastic costumes!
xoxoxo