Saturday, October 15, 2011

HAIRCUTS

It was time.  Having not cut either of the girl's hair for at least 2 years, we decided we were ready for a change!

McKinley got her hair chopped, and it turned out so cute!  It reminds me of when we did a similar cut when she was in kindergarten, so luckily I don't feel like she looks too old yet. The most important part is that she LOVES it and is very happy!



So of course, Kennedy wanted the same haircut, but with her curly/wavy hair I was not about to blow-dry her hair straight all the time!  Plus, she's still so little and I want her to be able to have braids & pig-tails & ponytails for at least a few more years!  So I talked her into just getting a trim, and hopefully she won't take matters into her own hands (remember this post about my Mother's Against Scissors mentality?) Here is Kennedy right before her "only mommy's can use these special scissors on hair TRIM."




We did not let her see the hair once it was trimmed, nor did we stop for pictures after the trim.  We tried to keep it very low-key so she wouldn't realize what had happened (the fact that scissors CAN cut hair...aaaaaah!)  So this "after" picture is from a few days later with her hair in twists.  It's kind of hard to tell much difference from before, but we actually cut off about 6-7 inches. I'm just glad that it is still pretty long (and knock on wood that it stays that way!)

2 comments:

K-Krew said...

Love the new haircuts! McKinley's is making me really really really want to cut my hair. Your girls are so cute.

Andrea said...

Love the haircuts. That is the McKinley I remember from kindergarten! I love that cut on her!