Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our little Man-child

Boys and girls are just not the same, and parenting both could use every ounce of patience on the planet!  Our little Maddox is doing so many things that the girls NEVER did!  Here are a few that recently made us go, "Hmmmm, that's new."

The Evolution of Maddox's Cereal Bowl -- all on his own he progressed from getting out the bowl on the left for his cereal in the morning, to the next one over, and then the next, until by the end of the week he brought over the bowl on the far right for me to pour his cereal into.  Apparently he's smarter than we thought, and he really loves cereal.



Then there was the day I found him just after his experiment with peeing in the floor vent -- and then trying to clean it up before I could find out.  He will NOT be trying this again.



And when you send him to his room for time-out, this is generally what ends up happening.  Maddox just flips his bed upside down to show us how unhappy he feels about being punished.  I think he needs a bigger (and heavier) bed.



Then of course, there was the few days that he had the stomach flu.  No child likes throwing up, but Maddox was especially confused because he just HAD to eat (obviously), and then would be miserable when he'd throw it all up.  It was a hard concept for him to realize that he really wasn't supposed to eat anything solid for a day or two -- and that is totally against everything he has ever believed.  It completely wore him out (I guess all those calories do help with his energy level).



And this picture is a rare one because Maddox does NOT like it when we spike his hair -- it "scares" him because he thinks it turns him into a dinosaur.  Luckily he forgets after awhile, but who gets scared of looking in the mirror at themselves? Well, definitely not our darling two girls. They LOVE the mirror and getting their hair done!


And every time Maddox decides to put on any "girls" clothes or hair accessories, I just tell one of the kids to bring me the camera so we can take a picture for his Big Daddy to see....he runs and takes off whatever girly thing he has on as fast as he possibly can so no one can see the proof!  But boy does he love to dance -- in his "boy" way. Maddox's entire personality is encompassed in this video, as is Kennedy when messing with him!


So that's 3 year old Maddox in a nutshell.  People may say boys are easier to raise, but that does not mean that they are easier to clean up after!  It's a good thing that deep down he is such a sweet boy, and we definitely love having him around (weapons and all)!


5 comments:

Karin said...

What a great post!-such a cute little guy. Aren't we lucky to get to experience raising both genders?! But a little dress-wearing never hurt anybody, right???

Andrea said...

Cute, post. I'm constantly amazed at how different boys are!

Nicky said...

Not to take away from the star of the post, but how on earth can McKinley spin that long without falling over?? Oh, and I remember finding a couple of pee experiments too.

Deanna said...

HA HA. I think my cereal bowl is that big too!
xoxoxo

K-Krew said...

When I was subbing in Primary I remember thinking how big he was getting - he really is a lil' man. And Andrew screams whenever we try to spike his hair. Between that and the light sabers they really are kindred spirits ;)