Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our own little Walt Disney

McKinley got to participate in her first ever Wax Museum experience this week, and she enjoyed it immensely. In fact, some of the other parents commented that she has a future in public speaking because she was so good. And just seeing her in a suit (borrowed from some nice friends at church -- thank you!) was so odd because it made it too easy to imagine her conducting meetings in boardrooms with her authoritative manner! But she really did a fabulous job, and I was very proud of her for being the only one who had memorized their whole speech and spoke so loud and clear!

Here's the video of her performing it at home for Milt and everyone who didn't get to come and see it at the school during the day. And this is pretty close to exactly what she did at school, (no joke, she really was this dramatic!) This girl has not a bit of stage fright! I had a lot of other parent smiles directed my way as they watched her! 

And while you watch this and see her mannerisms, I promise those are ALL McKinley...I had nothing to do with coaching her for this! I was as surprised as everyone else when I saw her give her speech at school...what a hoot!



We should also add an extra thank you to our 'Disney-Fanatic' friends the Taylors, from whom we have learned so much about Walt from visiting Disney World with (& taking the time to let us read every single part of the Walt Disney exhibit at Hollywood Studios!) This one's especially for you guys!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Devon- that was the cutest video ever. I had a smile on my face the entire time! What an articulate little woman!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

WOW that kid keeps getting more and more awesome!! What an impressive presentation--my favorite was the "many, many more" with the hand rolling---classic!!

Deanna said...

pure awesomeness!
xoxoxo

K-Krew said...

Too cute :) I'm impressed that she memorized the whole thing - she did a fantastic job.

Way to go McKinley!

Robin said...

What can we say! She was perfect! She will fit in our family perfectly once Jacob and her are married! we miss you all and we have to find a way to see you again soon! We just love you guys too much!

Aubrey said...

adorable. She looks so cute in the suit! Loved her presentation!

justcharades@gmail.com said...

That was so fantastic! I loved all the hand movements. Keep up the good work!
Love Aunt Nellie