Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lessons on "Saving" a Lollipop for Later...

A couple of months ago, I found Kennedy's hiding place of where she had been stashing her contraband lollipop in between licking it occasionally (you know, whenever she needed a little sugar rush).  She had been hiding it behind the toilet for safe-keeping. (Yes, I know that is so disgusting that it is painful to even contemplate, but it is so true).  I explained it was dirty back there, but since she couldn't see the dirt on the lollipop, she probably thought I was making it all up just to keep her from having her little treat.

But yesterday she once again tried to hide a lollipop on the ground so she could save it for later (at least this time it was the kitchen floor), and this time there were actual dirt particles and fuzzies that had gotten attached, so she finally understood that floors have dirt that sticks to lollipops and make them yucky.  I was pretty proud of myself for finally getting through to her.  Until this morning, when I found THIS on the floor underneath one of our chairs, "hiding" from us parents: 


Apparently Kennedy took what I said to heart, so she found herself a little lollipop "holder" to keep her lollipop from being on the floor.  I started to ask her about it, but then stopped and decided to grab the video camera first so that I could record whatever explaination she was going to try and come up with.  Someday, I want her to be able to wach this video and be as gross-ed out as the rest of us about how completely wrong it is.

8 comments:

Chell said...

I am buying your kids a huge bag of lollipops just so we can hear more stories.... too funny

Naomi said...

Teehee. I love it. :-)
So around Easter there were lollipops in plastic eggs so your kids could pop the top back on if they wanted to keep it germ free for later....Might be worth investing in. lol.
OR just figure that she is building up a great immune system!

Aubrey said...

So funny, Devon. Glad you got it on video!

Brandon and Lacey said...

I love her!

Rachel said...

Well... at least she's adorable!

Robin said...

Because it is Kennedy, we cannot believe she would leave a lollipop anywhere she felt was not SAFE. We love the fact that the toilet, the kitchen floor and a shoe are safe to her and someday she will watch that video and be just as disgusted as the rest of us.

Note: We ALWAYS sit as close to the napkins as possible in any restaurant!

We love you guys!

Mike and Madelyn said...

That is too cute! (and gross) I love that you filmed her explanation

Deanna said...

one word: awesome!
xoxoxo