Sunday, September 18, 2011

Summer Vacation: Friends, BYU, & Running

We had so much fun in Utah in August, but there is never enough time to see everyone we want to see!  It's the hardest part of life, too many great friends and not enough time!  We didn't get a chance to take pictures of everything, but here are a few of the fun times we had!

Our old neighborhood has some "connections" with one of the Orem Fire Chiefs, so we got to join them for a tour of a Fire Station, followed up with going to a park and getting sprayed by the fire hose from above!  SUCH A FUN TIME! 



Spending time with our good PA friends who have moved to Utah, the Hannas (and visiting their new house and great pool!) -- Maddox was so happy to spend time with his BFF Drake!  We miss these boys!


And of course the kids had to get some fun "Johnny-time" with their favorite pal.



Then Paige and I met up with another long lost PA friend (Jill) while she was in town for BYU's education week.  How I miss these girls!



McKinley loved getting to play with all her friends from our old neighborhood.  Here is a picture with her and Kelsie and their BFF necklaces.  Kelsie's mom Andrea and I have grand plans of them being roommates at BYU someday (or at least EFY).  They are so cute together!


BYU FOOTBALL

One of the highlights of the trip for Milt was getting to take the kids to a BYU Football Scrimmage game and getting to see the kids in their new Football season shirts!  I think we went to the BYU bookstore multiple times this trip for more Y stuff. 




RUNNING

And while we were there, I decided to run a half-marathon since most of the ones back East seem to be on Sundays, and we try not to do sports on Sunday.  It was actually a lot of fun, and the first official one I had ever run.  And I was very surprised at how well I did -- much better than I had anticipated, which was a great surprise.  I finished the race while Milt and the kids were watching BYU play their scrimmage game, but my dear mom was there waiting for me at the finish line (she even drove me down at 4 in the morning...what a good Mom!)



But as happens with all vacations, we had to head back home and back to reality  -- where Cafe Rio's don't grow on trees like they seem to in UT.

Number of Cafe Rio Outings: 5 (which is actually quite respectable for 3 weeks)!

2 comments:

chris m. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so impressed that you ran a half marathon... and while on vacation that is double impressive. Congrats. :)

chris m. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so impressed that you ran a half marathon... and while on vacation that is double impressive. Congrats. :)