Friday, April 15, 2011

The Best Package EVER!!!!!!!

Out here in the East, the thing we miss eating the most is great Mexican food, and we OFTEN lament about the fact that we can't even find uncooked flour tortillas to buy ANYWHERE.  They are so yummy when they are cooked fresh, and it's so sad to even cook any kind of Mexican food at home when you have to eat it with thick, dry, pre-cooked tortillas. 

Well, Milt's mom and dad sent us the absolutely best package ever....a Styrofoam cooler full of Dry Ice and all the stuff to have Carne Asada Fajitas!  They shipped it overnight, and it was so great to open the package and there was Carne Asada that Milt's parents had already grilled (just needed warming up) plus uncooked flour tortillas -- all we had to do was grill a red onion and some peppers, add lime to re-fried beans and we had a meal ready to go!  It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good, and it tasted like home!  What an amazing surprise to open!  We took lots of pictures so they could see how much we loved and appreciated the yummy dinner.  There's nothing Milt loves more than his Mom's cooking (and I'm fine with that...I'd prefer that she always cooked too! ;)  Thanks Big Milt and Jacki!


6 comments:

Em said...

Renn thinks this is hilarious! We wish someone had loved us that much when we were in PA! We promise not to take our uncooked flour tortillas for granted! (And if you're ever in dire need, I'll overnight you a package of them.... I love the Linns like that)

Karin said...

Um, YEAH! What a great idea!!! And I second the notion... why even cook a meal with tortillas unless YOU cook 'em!

Jen Tornow said...

What a FUN idea! Was it a special occasion, or a total surprise? It looks so yummy!

Dave and Nanette said...

I am so jealous! I love mexican food and totally agree that they don't have any good mexican food out here! We eat it everday when we visit Utah - it's a rule! You are too lucky!

Kyla Stevens said...

I miss Mexican food terribly too! So sad! But I am very happy for you and this awesome meal!

K-Krew said...

Man. Now I'm craving Mexican - and I can't even have it. But I will have to make an exception now that Cafe Rio is so close. Maybe we should have a GNO there ;)