At times, February can seem cold, wet, and long (okay, so it's the shortest month...but it feeeels long). Maybe that's why they put Valentine's Day here. We can all use some extra love in February, right? So we enjoyed a whole month of hugs, kisses, and love amidst our snow and cold weather!
Valentine's Day itself was a success as far as the kids were concerned. All three of them got heart-shaped sandwiches and bread for lunch. In fact Kennedy wanted a picture taken with her heart bread, which then prompted her to ask for a picture with her food all day long. Don't worry, I restrained myself. One pretzel pretty much looks like another. And Maddox loved his heart bread with jam so much that he LICKED it clean before eating it. He really likes jam.
We also had a fun Valentine's dinner that night at home as a family (it's so romantic eating with three children). I made some yummy brazillian ribs for the first time, with squash and seasoned potatoes, since those are some of Milt's favorites. Food really is the way to a man's heart.
As far as the rest of February went, the snow definitely made it an "indoor" month. That means there were a lot of cute moments of kids playing happily together along with the inevitable fighting and arguing that comes with it. Luckily we survived. But I have to admit that when Kennedy and Maddox disappear and hide somewhere, it is always fun to hunt for them hiding in some corner giggling. And Kennedy just seems to cuddle with EVERYONE lately. She fell fast asleep on the couch next to McKinley reading. Who doesn't enjoy LOVEY kids?
Happy February!
5 comments:
Love, the month of February. My kids acted about the same. Cuddly one minute, arguing the next! Kids are awesome and I am glad we have them. Otherwise what would we blog about?
Love, love, love it. And I love McKinley's hair in the top picture. I should ask you how to do that for Rache's hair. Miss you guys.
Adorable. But I'm ready to get past the indoor months!
xoxoxo
Nooooo! They look too old! McKinley is practically a teenager with that little updo and Kennedy looks 10! I love their hair, I need a dang girl already. Maddox looks like Maddox-minus-some-chubb. We miss you guys SO much! I love how all out you go for Valentines. My gift to the boys, 6 red balloons with hearts on them that they fought over for a week.
Hi there! Just found your blog, love all the pictures of the kids!
Auntie Bren
Post a Comment