It's definitely summertime! The kids are stir-crazy almost every day now....so we've been creating our own water park in the backyard just to get out of the house! Of course, it rains for a part of almost every day which can be tricky, but we usually find time to get outside and get WET at least every few days (getting outside is pretty much the only thing that keeps me sane!)
And yes, we finally got a new kiddie pool...remember the one that we've had since McKinley was born? GONE! So I bought a bigger one that we all can get into at the same time. And then I bought a blow-up slide with a little pool. And then I bought a (very cheap) Slip'n Slide too. Maybe I got carried away a little (Milt was not thrilled). But now we can rotate the fun water toys around each time so that every day it's a little bit different!
We also got a kids table for the deck so the kids can eat lunch outside -- thanks Mom! It's so nice to not have to eat on our towels anymore! And my friend Nancy gave us a hand-me-down Basketball hoop that Maddox is CRAZY about. He somehow got the basketball gene (huh?) and we haven't even encouraged him yet! He is all about playing some hoops!
Anyway, here are some pictures of us in the yard (along with a video or two of the slide, since the kids want me to film them every time they go down...it's delightful.) Hope everyone's staying cool where-ever you are!
The kids eating lunch at their new table

The kids' new pool

And here are all the kids ignoring the new pool that I bought and cramming into Maddox's super old baby pool, which he is thrilled about.

The super-cool blow-up slide
Kennedy going down the slide

Maddox and his b-ball hoop
Here's a video of McKinley going down the slide
And here is Kennedy going down (Sorry, there's no video of Maddox sliding down cause he only likes to climb up the front of the slide and then and slide partway down)
Here's a video of McKinley going down the slide
12 comments:
Oh my heck! You've really gone all out! I was envisioning something SO much dinkier than that and still thinking it would be fun. Now I definitely need to get Oliver over there! (I can do any day next week except Monday, it's Renn's day to drive carpool).
Cheers!
Man even tempting for us long distance people. Who needs seven peaks when there is the linn's residence. Miss you guys, not the humidity.
I love it when the kids eat outside! In fact, Lucy is outside right now having her 2nd breakfast :)
The "water park" looks awesome. We'll get together the next time it doesn't rain whenever that is...
Looks like fun. You've inspired me to go get a baby pool for Brookelynn!
Wow! Your backyard looks so fun!!! I better not show it to Dallin or he will be SO jealous! (And I'll never hear the end of it.) Your trip to the "shore" looks fun too! I wish we lived closer to the ocean. It's just not worth the 12 hour drive! Or, the sand that comes home with you! But, it's so pretty to watch the waves roll in. :)
I'd pay $1.50 entrance fee to your yard if needed...looks like fun!
xoxoxo
What a party Dev!! Love it! Those kinds are so cute and so fun. I want to play in your back yard with them. Maddox looks like he is all business. Especially with his basketball hoop!
How fun Devon! Isn't it amazing how those little boys pick up the sports thing? Maddox and Landon could be best friends and play a serious game of hoops! You are a good mom!
So much fun! All of us want to come to play at your house now! I would love a yard like that!
Maddox is getting sooo big!
Hey, Dev! Reading this makes me miss you so much! I wish we lived closer...
I have a question... how are you doing your video clips? Is it on your regular camera? I need a new camera for my birthday and was just wondering. Hugs!
Well if we ever want to have a pool party we know who to call... You have a full service water park in your own backyard! Super fun!
Dev, that looks like so much fun. Of course you are the FUNNEST mom ever. I don't think that's really a word, but I don't care. I LOVE the slide one. Can I come over?
Post a Comment